Is anxiety taking over your child’s life? Have you already tried therapy but found it ineffective? Is it affecting their schooling and relationships?
If this sounds familiar, I’m confident I can help. I assist families with children, teens or young adults struggling with overwhelming or crippling anxiety.
When it comes to treating anxiety disorders, research shows that therapy is usually the most effective option. That’s because anxiety therapy – as opposed to anxiety medication – treats more than just symptoms to the problem.
Often, these are the symptoms of anxiety:
- Nervousness, restlessness or being tense
- Feelings of danger, panic or dread
- Rapid breathing or hyperventilation
- Increased or heavy sweating
- Trembling or muscle twitching
- Weakness or lethargy
- Difficulty focusing or thinking clearly about anything other than the thing you’re worried about
- Obsessions about certain ideas, a sign of obsessive-compulsive disorder
- Anxiety surrounding a particular life event or experience that has occurred in the past, a sign of post-traumatic stress disorder
- Irrational fears of things, places, activities
Sometimes anxiety is so crippling, that teens or young adults need residential treatment to uncover the underlying causes of worries and fears, learn how to relax, look at situations in a new, less frightening way, and develop better coping mechanisms and problem-solving skills.
If your child, teen or young adult suffers from an anxiety disorder, I invite you to contact me today for a free consultation.