Our family affects who we are and who we become, both for the better and for worse. We learn our vocabulary, our habits, our customs and rituals, and how to view and observe the world around us.
Any parent seeking healthier, closer family relationships can benefit from parent coaching.
Common reasons for seeking parent coaching include:
- General parent-child conflict
- Problems between siblings
- Unhealthy boundaries
- Helicopter parents/snow plow parents
- School problems
- Failure to Launch issues
- House rules
- Substance Use
If any of the above scenarios resonate with your family, consider seeking parent coaching. Parent coaching is not the same as therapy. Coaching teaches you new skills and techniques in responding to your child and their behavior. Coaching is judgement-free and confidential support. Coaching can involve exercises, specific curriculum, or real time support.
Some positive parent coaching outcomes are:
- Strategies to develop and maintain boundaries
- Fostered sense of cohesion and communication among family members
- Promotes problem-solving through an understanding of family patterns and dynamics
- Builds empathy and understanding.
- Reduces family conflict
Studies show that parent coaching is particularly important for families with members who struggle with substance abuse, school problems and other behavioral issues. Parent coaching allows parents to regain their leadership positions within the home.
If you’re interested in learning more about parent coaching, contact me today for a free consultation.