1. How can an Educational Consultant help our family?
An Educational Consultant is an educational or therapeutic professional who guides and represents families in making educational choices for their students. Consultants assist is finding the best school or program for each student’s unique situation and challenges. A Consultant is an advocate for their students and families before, during and after program placement. A Consultant is paid by the family and represents them and their student’s best interests. A Consultant does not accept fees or other compensation from programs.
2. Why use an Educational Consultant?
You can spend hours on the internet researching programs, but you cannot compete with professionals that have toured schools and programs, know the staff and can find your student the perfect fit. Don’t trust your student’s residential placement to guesswork, hire a consultant.
3. What information do you need?
In order to best assess your student and family situation, Back On Track collects a student profile of student current health, educational, and therapeutic information; copies of any educational or psychological testing; and school transcripts. We also have a lengthy call with the family and occasionally other school or therapeutic professionals.
4. What types of schools and programs do you recommend?
- Boarding Schools
- Residential Treatment Centers
- Wilderness Therapy Programs
- Transitional Living for Young Adults
- GAP Programs
- ADHD and other LD Supportive Schools
- Rehab and Addiction Support
5. What struggles do you see most?
- Depression and anxiety
- ADHD, Processing Disorder and other learning differences
- Anger and aggression, ODD and Conduct Disorder
- School Refusal and Truancy
- Gaming and Screen addiction
- Drug and alcohol addiction
- Low self image
- Low motivation
- Self harm behaviors